Romance By Catherine: Six Sentence Sunday ~Not Quite Dating

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday ~Not Quite Dating

So here is the first taste of my upcoming novel, Not Quite Dating. And yeah, I've posted a tad more than six lines...but that's what I wanna do and this is my blog. LOL

I love sister scenes. And this one named my book for me. My heroine, Jessie, has just been dropped off at her apartment by the hero Jack. Her younger sister is giving her crap about the date...or the NOT QUITE date.


“Sounds like a date to me.”
Jessie had spent the whole night in Jack’s presence, driven home with the guy, talked about their past, their futures. That kiss wouldn’t be forgotten any time soon. “Not quite a date.”
Monica pushed in between the covers of her bed with a catty smile. “If what I saw is ‘not quite dating,’ I want some.” She air quoted the dating statement, and then turned off the light.
“Good night, Mo.
“Night, sis. Have amazing, ‘not quite kissing’ dreams.”
Jessie tossed a pillow at her. “Brat.” 


Not Quite Dating is available for Pre-Sale on Amazon HERE  
Official release date is pending, but we're looking at late October early November. 

4 comments:

Krystal Shannan said...

Cute scene!

bw said...

aww. Check out mines I'd love your input.
http://www.soniawrites.com/2012/08/six-sentence-sunday-foreigner.html

Issac Landry said...

This seems a lot of fun, when is the book going to be available?

Catherine Bybee said...

Hi Issac,
Not Quite Dating releases November 13th. Enjoy!