Romance By Catherine: A Turkey Tip

Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Turkey Tip

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. For those of you outside of the US, cook a bird, eat too much and try not to fight with family... yep, that's Thanksgiving.

Here is a Turkey Tip I thought you'd all enjoy.

I thought this sounded good!**

Here is a turkey recipe that also includes the use of
Popcorn as a stuffing ingredient -- imagine that!
When I found this recipe, I thought it was perfect for
People like me, who just are not sure how to tell when
Turkey is thoroughly cooked, but not dried out.


Give this a try.

1 - 15 lb. Turkey
1 cup melted butter
1 cup stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is Good)
1 cup un-popped popcorn (ORVILLE REDENBACHER'S LOW FAT IS
BEST)
Salt/pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush turkey well with
Melted butter, salt and pepper.
Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. Place in baking
Pan making sure the neck end is toward the front of the
Oven, not the back.
After about 4 hours listen for the popping sounds.
When the turkey's BUTT blows the oven door open and the bird flies across the
Room,.... it's done.

And you thought I didn't
cook!!
 
*If you try this, don't blame me... it's a joke*

No comments: