Romance By Catherine: Soul Mate has another steller review

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Soul Mate has another steller review


Bitten by Books has given Soul Mate 4 1/2 tombstones!


After becoming a werewolf, Kari Pearce lives a very lonely life. Fearful of rejection, she hides her “affliction” from everyone, even her sister, and she constantly guards her heart. However, she is able to accept and make the best of it. Her wolfish senses are magnified in comparison to normal humans, which help her become an exceptional private investigator. Thus, it is not surprising that she saves a child from an abductor and helps the police catch the perp.


FBI agent Nick Murdock comes to the Sequoias due to the kidnapping case. When he sees Kari, she immediately touches his heart as no woman ever had before. She is an enigma to him, and being a good FBI agent, he plans to get to the bottom of it. After all, her secret is keeping them apart.


For a novella, Soul Mate delivers a knock-out punch. The plot is well-thought out, and from the very first page, I was caught up in the story. Kari’s situation definitely touched my heart. She turns a bad experience into something she can use for good. Certainly a perfect heroine! And how can you not like Nick? His relentless pursuit of Kari makes him an ideal partner for her. I truly enjoyed this novella, and I am pretty sure you will, too.

2 comments:

Kaye Manro said...

Congrats, Catherine!

I couldn't agree more on this review!

(I have the original on my coumpter and I loved it!)

Catherine Bybee said...

I'm going to send you pom poms, ladies.