Romance By Catherine: Debut Author Lynne Roberts

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Debut Author Lynne Roberts


Oh boy do I have a treat for you today... Lynne Roberts is celebrating her debut release, First Date, this week. I've asked her to come on over and chat a little about her debut erotic Rosette and a few fun questions I like to ask all who come this way.

Welcome, Lynne. Thanks for stopping by.

Tell us about your new book out now:

Most of my stories begin with an image, a situation or even a feeling. The idea for FIRST DATE came to me when I was sixteen. And no, I’m not telling you how many years ago that is. ; ) I pictured a man and a woman running through the rain and taking shelter in a barn. I extrapolated from there. Here is a blurb and an excerpt:

Blurb: The Real Estate market is about to heat up.

When Brett Jacob walks into Jill’s real estate office, she attempts to maintain a professional demeanor, but memories of accidental voyeurism in high school, years of what-if’s, and Bret’s drop-dead sexy grin only serve to ignite her fantasies.

Bret needs a farm for his growing landscape business. When he sees Jill Daniels’ picture in a real estate ad, he can’t believe his eyes: The shy girl from high school has blossomed into a desirable woman. Ten years ago, she didn’t stir his blood and drive away all rational thought; now, he’s fighting the urge to take her in his arms long enough to ask her on a first date.


I just love stories of 'lost wannabe loves'! I've been looking forward to this since I first read your blurb. Do you have an excerpt for us?

Excerpt:

Tiffany lowered her voice to a breathy growl, “Is he about six-foot, dark blond hair and...” She sucked air through her teeth, “has a wicked, sexy grin?”

That sounded about right. “Yes.” A flush of heat spread over her body, warming her skin and tightening her nipples into small aching nubs.

“He’s here and, darlin’, that one is yummy. If you don’t go for it, I will.”

Jill shot Tiffany the dirtiest look she could manage. “This is a real estate office, not a bar.”
Her friend only laughed. “All the better. Well, go on. He looks like he might have just what you need.”

Oh, God, I know he does. Jill stood and smoothed down her skirt, thanking God for Victoria’s Secret and lined bras, then stepped out from behind the partition.

Bret stood inside the door, and she drank him in. His white button-down shirt opened at the neck, accentuating his square jaw and doing nothing to disguise his well-muscled chest. Faded denim wrapped long powerful legs, and she forced her gaze not to linger on the pronounced bulge between them, her mouth filling with saliva at the thought of what lie beneath the denim like a present waiting to be unwrapped. He was tall, muscular and comfortable in his own skin. She’d bet he’d never had an awkward moment in his life. If anything, he looked better than he had in high school.

She blinked, breaking the spell and walked forward, extending her hand. “Good morning.” Her voice quivered a little. “I’m Jill Daniels.”

His hand enfolded hers, his fingers warm and slightly calloused. The contact pebbled her skin, sending shivers rippling over her body.

“I remember you.”

Deep and seductive, his voice caressed her body like a physical touch, sending a jolt of pure need straight to her core. He remembers me? Bret released her hand and Jill rubbed a thumb over her now-tingling palm, her skin awake and yearning for those roughened hands to touch more.
Bret’s brilliant gray-blue eyes were now creased at the corners and golden highlights lightened his sandy brown hair as though he spent a lot of time outdoors. The slow, sexy smile hadn’t changed. If anything, it had gained potency.

“I’m Bret Jacobs,” he added.

She reminded herself to smile. “I remember you, too.”

“Well, good, I was afraid...” He left the thought unfinished.

Did he honestly think anyone would forget him? And was that a blush? Did he remember the party too? He couldn’t. The image of Bret she occasionally used for her late-night showers filled her mind and a shockwave of desire stole her breath. Oh, God, she should have brought a change of underwear.

Bret smiled and Jill’s heart dropped into her stomach.

“So, are you ready?” he asked.

More than you’ll ever know. “Yes.”

Oh, baby! Love it!

So, tell me, Lynne, how do you respond when someone says... "Oh, you write THAT kind of book?"

LOL. Something like that happened for the first time today. I told a friend of the family that I wrote erotica romance. His eyes widened but he didn’t say anything. I just smiled.

LOL. Leave 'em speechless! Good for you!

What are your goals as a writer?

I’d love for someone to tell me that one of my books had a positive effect on his or her life; even if that was thirty minutes of escapism. LOL Maybe that would be my dream, not my goal. My goal? To publish, and publish again, and again. Yeah, I’d like to give Nora Roberts a run for her money… but now we’re back in dreamland again.
I'm with ya there, sister! Move over Nora. Actually I'd be happy with 1/10 of her success. And if you don't dream big about yourself how will you ever convince publishers to dream big with you? As for the bit about positive feedback? Chances are you'll achieve that goal before the month is out! I've heard nothing but praise from a certain editor we both know. :-)

How many books do you read a month?

It varies. This month, I’ve been reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood books and I’ve finished three of them, two novellas, three or four shorts and two books by Nora Roberts. Wow that is a lot when you write it all down.

Do you have anything new in the works?

Yes! The Wilder Rose Press will be releasing another short, AFTER HOURS, soon. I will keep you posted. I’m also working on a currently untitled story that I hope to have done before Thanksgiving.

See, told you you'd achieve your goals. Already contracted for book #2 and working on #3!

Where can we find you?

Usually at my computer. Just kidding. You can find me here at my website: http://lynneroberts.blogspot.com/

Blog:


or on Divas!


Where can we find your books?

http://www.thewildrosepress.com/wilderroses/

Thank you so much for having me on your blog, Catherine. I really enjoyed it.

You're welcome, and best of luck with all your books. I'm sure we'll be seeing you in the top ten by weeks end!

16 comments:

Shelley Munro said...

Congrats on your new release. I enjoyed the excerpt. I think a smile works well when people are gobsmacked about the erotica writing. :)

Christina Phillips said...

Congrats on the release of First Date, Lynne! I love that excerpt!

J.A. Saare / Aline Hunter said...

Congrats again, Lynne. Graet interview!

Kaily Hart said...

Great interview! Congratulations again on your release. While you're aspiring onwards and upwards, keep in mind there are still others of us out there that are aspiring to do what you've done! If a guy asks me what I write, I just say 'women's fiction'. I don't know what connotations that has for guys but their eyes usually glaze over or they shuffle nervously and change the subject.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the great interview with Lynne Roberts & thanks to Lynne for sharing!
I really enjoyed the excellent excerpt too.
All the best,
RKCharron
xoxo

Catherine Bybee said...

Thanks for stopping by, ladies. Lynne is one of those writers you really want to watch.

Emma Lai said...

Congrats on the release Lynne! Definitely my kind of story...I'm off to pick up my copy!

Shawna Thomas said...

Hi everyone! I stopped in earlier but the internet gremlins must have stole my comment. Either that or I did something silly, who knows--I have two kids home sick today so it's been one of those mornings. Enough with the excuses.

Thank you everyone!


Shelley~ I've found a smile works in most situations... that saying about people not knowing what you're up to is true.


Christina ~ I'm so glad you liked the excerpt. Yay.

Jaime ~ You are welcome again. The credit goes to Catherine for asking good questions.


Kaily ~ Thank you for the reminder. It is important to take your eye off the goal for just long enough be grateful for how far you've come. Keep writing and before you know it, I'll be commenting on your release.


RK~ Thank you for your kind words. I'm so glad you enjoyed the excerpt.


Catherine ~ is it because I really suck at the snoopy happy dance? Or um, any dancing? Seriously, thank you so much for having me here. You rock.


Emma~Wow, I don't think I'll ever get used to hearing that. Thank you. I hope you enjoy First Date!

Lia Slater said...

I'm with Catherine - I love the idea of lost wannabe loves. Looking forward to reading this!!

Shawna Thomas said...

Thank you so much, Lia! I can say the same about Fatal Exposure! It's next on my TBR list. : )

Kaye Manro said...

Hi Lynne! I too love the excerpt. Congrats on your new release and much good luck in your career as a writer (of Erotica, of course!)
I do understand what you mean-- when I talk about 'romance writing' with my sci-fi nerd buds, I get that glazed reaction as well, lol. Smiling is always good.

Cari Quinn said...

Another Nora fan! Wow, we're legion. LOL

Huge congrats again on all your success, Lynne! :)

Shawna Thomas said...

Kaye, Thank you! When I tell someone I write erotica, I get a double-take. Most people just don't expect it... why? I don't know. Smiling usually works as a response.


Cari,

Believe or not, I read my very first Nora Roberts two months ago... I'm on my fourth. : )

Catherine Bybee said...

I love Nora. Let's face it, we all want her success when we grow up. Her books are engaging and always deliver.

Anonymous said...

You rock, Lynne! Congrats on the success First Date is already experiencing. It's well-deserved, and due to your natural talent and hard work.
Can't wait for your next release!

Shawna Thomas said...

Thank you, Lori!

I'm excited. Now that we've put Jill and Bret to bed, so to speak, ; ) I'm looking forward to really digging into David and Elle's story.