Romance By Catherine: Six Sentence Sunday ~ Wife by Wednesday

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday ~ Wife by Wednesday

Okay... so it's more than six sentences... sue me!


“Tell me, Samantha… why would I be wasting my charm on you?”

He pronounced her name like a lover’s caress, smooth and silky. She heard a hint of an English accent. An accent she thought would be thick on his tongue because of his title.

“We’re here to discuss your pending marriage to one of the three women from my service,” she reminded him. “I’m not sure how charming me can work to any advantage for you.”

“Does everything have to have an angle?”

“In business, yes.” In her world anyway.

“What about in your personal life?” He sat forward, his jacket opened as he did and she noticed for the first time that he wasn’t wearing a tie. His dress shirt’s first two buttons were undone and his bronze skin underneath caught her eye.

“We aren’t here to discuss my personal life.”

        “I wouldn’t be too sure about that."

$2.99
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Smashwords

No comments: