Romance By Catherine: Facebook and Fan Page

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Facebook and Fan Page

The other day I was yakking with someone on Facebook about fan pages, and I thought... what a great topic for a blog.

About six months ago I heard an author moaning about how facebook cuts you off at 5000 friends. I've no idea why they do this, but they do. As an author, I want to keep in touch with other authors, my readers... but my fan page simply doesn't get that much traffic. Probably because I update my personal Catherine Bybee page more. I tend to keep my fan page more for 'News about me...'

So, why the blog? Well, I thought I'd give a heads up to authors, such as myself, who are working the social network and suggest that they not wait to start a fan page. And when people friend them, go ahead and direct them to their fan page. That way, when the day comes when 5000 people have friended them, they aren't stuck in a position where they can't direct traffic as easily. For every ten friend requests, I end up with about five fan follows/likes.

In the interest of this blog, at the bottom of this page is a Like button for my fan page on Facebook. Go ahead... click it. You know you want to.

Oh, and... blogger - BTW Facebook is a word and is spelled correctly and friended is a word now too. Update your spell check!

No comments: