Romance By Catherine: Wednesday Welcome - Lauri Robinson

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wednesday Welcome - Lauri Robinson


Sometimes in the business you stumble upon someone you are simply tickled with from the first day... Lauri Robinson is one of those women. We met through a critique group through The Wild Rose Press and we hit it right off. A writer of western romance, Lauri is a wife, a mother and a grandmother with her most recent grand baby born just over a week ago.


Welcome Lauri Robinson...


LR: Thanks, Catherine for having me over today.

CB: Tell us a little bit about you. How long have you been writing? How many books and what genre have you written?

LR: I sold my first book in 2005, (but have always dabbled in writing). Currently I have 15 novels and/or short stories on the market and two set to be released yet this year.

CB: That is a tone of books. Tell us about the book you’re highlighting today on my blog?

LR: Today I’d like to tell you about my latest release, Wish Craft, a short, sensual time travel. The idea for this story came about while checking my Google account one day and saw an ad for Quantum Leaping.

CB: LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Time Travel!!! Tell me, what do you love most about this job?

LR: Everything. I’ve always loved reading once upon a time and happily ever after stories, and believe nothing could be better than writing them! I love the research, the plotting, and even the editing and re-writing.

CB: If there was one thing you could change about the writing business, what would it be?

LR: Well, I guess I wish e-book readers were cheaper so everyone could afford them. I hear so many people say when they get below $100, they’ll buy one.

CB: That is the first time anyone has answered that question that way. I agree, that it would be nice if everyone who read romance owned an e-reader. What do you say when someone says…”Oh, you write THOSE kinds of books.”

LR: I’ve never really had someone say that. More often I get people who say, “You should right a book about me…” and then they launch into a story about an incident that happened to them.

CB: *I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has had that happen to me! Give us a taste of your latest masterpiece:

LR: Here you are:

Blurb:

After intensive studying of Quantum jumping, Jayden White embarks on a journey one hundred and twenty years in the past for two reasons—to aid her sister’s financial crisis and to meet the man she’s come to know through an old family diary. The night Levi Grimshaw asks his long time sweetheart to marry him he arrives home to discover a strange young woman sleeping in front of his fireplace—trouble is she’s not a stranger to his heart.

And an excerpt:

She was back in a few minutes and headed straight to her coffee cup.

He leaned a hip against the sink. “Is your husband due back today?”

Settling on a chair, she frowned. “I’m not married. Yet.”

His stomach flipped. The eeriness he’d experienced yesterday hung on his shoulders like a winter coat. “Do you need a ride to Russell Springs? I could hitch up the wagon. It’s only about half an hour from here.”

“I know. Russell Springs hasn’t changed much the past century.”

“Century? Russell Springs was founded twenty years ago. It was the main stage stop for the Butterfield Overland Dispatch—”

“I know,” she interrupted. “The stage line ran through Indian Territory and connected the gold mines of Colorado with Fort Riley. That is until the Kansas Pacific Railroad was built in the eighteen seventies. The town itself was named for the natural springs in the area.”

His spine stiffened. “What exactly do you want, Miss White?”

She met his gaze eye for eye, not showing a hint of apprehension. “I’ll tell you, Levi, but perhaps you should sit down first.”

“No, I’m fine right here.”

She stood and began to lift her skirt. His eye sockets stretched, making him blink. Displaying her underclothes for the world to see, she pulled something out. Since when did petticoats have pockets? Perhaps they all did, and he just didn’t know it. The skirt fell back in place, and she moved forward, handing him the object.

A wooden frame held a picture. His breath stalled. “That’s you,” he choked, “and me.”

Click on this link to pick up your copy~ http://www.thewildrosepress.com/wish-craft-p-4068.html

CB: Needless to say, I'm already clicking over and getting my copy to download to my Nook! Where can we find your books? Where can we find you on the net?

LR: My books are available from The Wild Rose Press and Harlequin, Mills & Boon.

Here are Lauri's links~ Friend her and follower her
Blog:

Facebook:

Twitter:


CB: Thank you for joining me today. I look forward to doing this again with your next release.


LR: Thanks for hosting me, Catherine. I had a great time.

If you are a lover of western romance, Lauri is an author you simply can not pass up. Check out her books at TWRP and Harlequin.

4 comments:

Catherine Bybee said...

Thanks again for being my guest today, Lauri.

Barbara Edwards said...

I always like to hear about people who write in a different genre. Nice to meet you, Lauri
Barbara

Lauri said...

Hey, Catherine, thanks again for having me over today.

Hello Barbara, thanks for stopping by today!

Shelley Munro said...

I'm going to have to check Google more often. I love the idea of a Quantum traveller.